Ever wonder what to do with shower curtains you are no longer using? Here are ten ideas for recycling them!
1. Paint cloth - they are wonderful for catching those paint spills while you recolor a wall or door.
2. Car window defroster - cover your vehicle windshield to protect against frost and ice. Use the magnetic hem to help hold it in place.
3. Tarp - cover tools, garden equipment, and/or your wood pile!
4. Raincoat - a crafty seamstress could stitch up a quick slicker for the kiddos, or a cover for the grill.
5. Food catcher for kids - place under table or in the middle of the floor if you are having an indoor picnic, to catch the goop and crumbs that miss those little mouths. 6. Mulch - Place under gravel or bark chips when you are landscaping to keep the weeks at bay.
6. Poncho - Yep! Just fold in half, clip an opening so you can slip it over your head, and presto (!) you have a poncho. Trim the length if you are height-challenged like I am./div>
7. Ground cover - Use under a tent or sleeping bag when camping to keep moisture away.
Apron - Use pinking shears to style into an apron with a bib and fasten ties at the top of the bib and at the waist. Great for messy tasks around the house.
9. Tablecloth - toss over the picnic table and voila (!) you are covered!
10. Mulch - use under gravel or bark chips when landscaping to keep out those pesky weeds.
How have you repurposed your old shower curtains?
Huge Green Hugs,