This was first posted in April. It is always helpful to know how everyday products can be used in so many different ways, so I am putting it out there again for you! I use vinegar regularly instead of Jet Dry in the dishwasher and instead of liquid fabric softener in my laundry. It is a main ingredient in my All Purpose Cleaner as well. I love it!
Ten Uses For Vinegar You May Not Know:
1. Paint brush softener - A vinegar and water mixture will revive stiff paint brushes. After soaking, wash in a heavy detergent to clean.
2. Get the stink off your hands - Rid your hands of onion or fishy smells by rinsing with vinegar. Easy peasy!
3. Tea kettle cleaner - Get lime deposits out of your tea kettles with equal parts of vinegar and water. Bring to a boil and let is stand overnight.
4. Poached egg container - Keep that poached egg together by adding one teaspoon vinegar to the water. (I need this one!)
5. Hair Rinse - Use a mix of two cups water and one cup vinegar and rinse hair after shampooing. Rinse again with clear water.
6. Decal remover - Loosen decals with a heavy dose of vinegar and they will peel right off. (Sorry, this won't work on tattoos - giggle)
7. Pain reliever - Use hot vinegar compresses on strain or sprain when ice isn't doing the job.
8. Iron cleaner - Remove mineral deposits in your iron with a solution of one part white vinegar to one part water. Fill steam iron and let it steam until dry. Rinse out with plain water, refill and shake water out through the steam holes.
9. Crease setter - Before ironing in creases, apply solution of one part vinegar to one part water to the crease area. Be sure to test small area of your fabric first.
10. Rust remover - Place rusty bolt in small container of vinegar and let soak for several days or until rust begins to dissolve.
There you have it...ten useful uses for using vinegar! What are some ways that you use vinegar in your household?
If you like this post, be sure to follow this blog before you leave! It's easy peasy...just choose one or more of the options on the right sidebar!
Huge Green Hugs,Pat